Fall Car CareDON'T LET THIS BE YOU!
This October, take a little time to make sure your vehicle is ready for the harsh Michigan winter weather. Taking a few simple steps now can save you the headache and cost of an emergency breakdown later. The Car Care Council recommends these five proactive steps to make sure your car is ready for winter driving:
1. Battery – Keep the battery connections clean, tight and corrosion free. Replace your battery if it is over 3 years old.
2. Heater and Defrosters – Check that heating and ventilation systems are working properly. Check and clean your air filters.
3. Wiper Blades – Wiper blades should be replaced every six months. Fill windshield washer tank with the appropriate fluid for freezing temperatures.
4. Tires – Check tire pressure and tread depth. Uneven wear indicated need for wheel alignment. Check for bulges and bald spots. Replace tires that are worn.
5. Brakes – Have the brake system checked, including brake linings, rotors and drums.
If your vehicle is in need of service to get ready for this winter, give us a call at (517) 764-7240 or stop by for an estimate. We have some of the lowest labor rates in the state of Michigan.