Presented by the Jackson County Chamber of Commerce
As new members of the Jackson County Chamber of Commerce, Choice Auto Sales of Jackson is celebrating their 10-year anniversary with a public open house and ribbon cutting ceremony.
On August 22, from 1-3 pm, the Jackson County Chamber of Commerce will be at Choice Auto Sales, 3570 Ann Arbor Road, Jackson to perform a ribbon cutting ceremony. Following the ceremony will be a family-friendly open house that will include a live radio remote by K105.3, lunch, inflatables, Dunk the DJ tank, games, prize drawings, giveaways and more. The public is invited to attend.
“Bring your family and friends,” states Dave Fiero, one of the owners of Choice Auto Sales. “There will be kid and adult activities…and free food. You can dunk the DJ, play corn-hole games, and enter a drawing to win a full vehicle detail.”
Serving the community for [...]
Most all of us have been blessed beyond what we deserve. So why not take a few minutes out of your day and give to those in our community who are in need?
Today we encourage you to donate to a local organization that is close to your heart. For us, it is Cascades Humane Society, Jackson Christian School, or JaxNaz Church, Jackson, MI. It doesn’t have to be a lot…every penny counts. Whatever charity you choose, donate from the heart and know that your gift makes a difference in someone’s life. Thank you for supporting your Jackson Community!
Fall Car CareDON'T LET THIS BE YOU!
This October, take a little time to make sure your vehicle is ready for the harsh Michigan winter weather. Taking a few simple steps now can save you the headache and cost of an emergency breakdown later. The Car Care Council recommends these five proactive steps to make sure your car is ready for winter driving:
1. Battery – Keep the battery connections clean, tight and corrosion free. Replace your battery if it is over 3 years old.
2. Heater and Defrosters – Check that heating and ventilation systems are working properly. Check and clean your air filters.
3. Wiper Blades – Wiper blades should be replaced every six months. Fill windshield washer tank with the appropriate fluid for freezing temperatures.
4. Tires – Check tire pressure and tread depth. Uneven wear indicated need for wheel alignment. Check for bulges and bald spots. Replace tires that are worn.
5. Brakes – [...]
Back-to-School is a busy time for students and parents alike. One thing that often gets overlooked is car care maintenance. Consider this car care checklist to help get your student—and their car—ready for a great school year:
- Check the vitals under the hood, such as levels of engine oil, and coolant, transmission, brake and power steering fluid.
- Check the battery. Consumer Reports suggests that you have your battery checked if it’s more than two to three years old and your car’s entire charging system checked once a year.
- Check the tires for the correct pressure and for uneven tread wear, nails or other potential hazards.
- Check to make sure all the lights on the vehicle are working, including the brake lights.
If you have any concerns after your own inspection, have a certified mechanic perform a safety check to minimize safety issues and get your child to school safely.
Choice Auto Sales of [...]